Technical Support Engineer
Headquartered on the historic Portsmouth, NH, waterfront, with sales offices in Buckhead, GA’s TechRise startup center, B2W Software empowers heavy civil construction companies to win more work and complete it more profitably.
The Company’s highly differentiated ONE Platform connects people, resources, and construction workflows through interoperable software modules for estimating, scheduling and dispatching, field tracking, equipment maintenance, safety and reporting. Unlike disparate solutions, the ONE Platform is unified by a single operational database and can be rapidly deployed by contractors of all sizes on premise or in the Cloud.
We are seeking a highly competent individual to join us as a Technical Support Engineer. Your office hours will consist mainly of providing phone, e-mail, and Internet-based support of our Windows-based software products. You'll work with clients of all ability levels, solving technical problems and answering questions on how to use the software. The ideal candidate will have exceptional presentation and problem-solving skills, a strong phone presence, poise in challenging situations, and the energy and ambition to take ownership of every customer interaction.
- Logs into phone system at all times
- Monitors inbound e-mails to ensure all items are handled in a timely fashion
- Maintains a well-organized case list and adheres to documentation rules for every client interaction
- Owns every issue they touch, researching difficult issues and appropriately escalating as needed
- Stays alert to trends, patterns, or sensitive issues and communicates them to the team
- Documents and relays bug reports and feature requests to development teams
- Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding client through use of the programs
- Expected to have a both strong general product and technical knowledge of all of the B2W products
- Compiles customer feedback to help shape future development plans
- Actively contributes to the development of knowledge base articles and other internal documentation
- Carries a pager on a rotating basis to assist client’s after-hours
- Assists in-house employees with technical issues
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- College degree in a field suitable to the role
- Solid knowledge of relational database concepts
- Highly motivated self-educator
- Natural troubleshooting instincts
- Telephone support experience and/or a background in technical training
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, including experience with Microsoft networking
- Excellent verbal, written, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of personalities both inside and outside of the company
- Ability to understand customer concerns, to take ownership of those concerns, and utilize the necessary resources to resolve those concerns
- We believe in full employee engagement and collaboration across departments, B2W is not a work remote company.
- Health & Dental Insurance premium paid 75% by company
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- $100,000 Life Insurance paid 100% by company: additional coverage available for purchase
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance paid 100% by company
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday time
- Up to five days of paid sick leave per year
- Energetic and professional work environment
- Beautiful new office building on the downtown Portsmouth waterfront with easy access to Route 95
- Satellite sales office in Buckhead, GA with easy access to GA 400
- Company-paid parking access for public parking garage
- Dress Code – business casual every day
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
How to Apply
To apply for this position, submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or recruiters please.
B2W Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, basis of genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.