Professional Services Software Engineer
Headquartered in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire, B2W Software empowers and inspires heavy civil construction companies to win more work and complete it more profitably. The company’s ONE Platform connects resources, workflows and data and includes advanced, unified elements to manage estimating, scheduling, field tracking, equipment maintenance, data capture and business intelligence.
As a Professional Services Developer, you will work with client services to provide custom imports, exports and reports for clients. You will also collaborate with the product teams to produce and maintain standard add-ins, tools and reports. This position plays a vital role in sustaining and extending the full suite of B2W products.
- Work on the enhancements to the Data driven reports in the .Net platform using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) and T-SQL
- Develop Add-Ins (application extensions) in Microsoft Visual Studio using C#. This includes designing and coding new Add-Ins as well as fixing bugs and enhancing existing Add-Ins.
- Write, edit, and optimize moderately complex T-SQL queries to generate reports that meet user needs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Visual Studio source controls to merge the code into the target branches
- Experience using version control systems (such as GitHub and Visual Studio source control) in a team environment so as to merge the code into the target branches
- Participate in an Agile (Kanban) development team to organize and prioritize tasks. This includes regular stand-ups to maintain the Code Repositories using source control, Kanban and updating the status of the Jira items (Bug Tracking Tool).
- Work within all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements definition, functional and technical design, configuration, scripting, integration, data transformation and manipulation and documentation.
- Conduct a wide range of tests including unit testing and analyses to ensure that the reports meet customer’s standards.
- Drive Professional Services revenue by implementing customer requirements and delivering solutions by the committed date
- Collaborate with client services to collect and refine customer requirements
- Participate in formal requirement, design, and code reviews
- Perform other related duties and projects as needed by your supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Degree in CS, CE, or a related technical field
- Object Oriented Programming
- Proficiency with C# development
- Proficient in working with SQL Server 2008 and newer versions
- Understand relational database schemata and data integrity
- Query performance (indexes, normalization, etc.)
- Skilled in working with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to translate client requirements into specifications
- Capacity to interact effectively with both internal and external clients
- .NET Framework (C#, VB.NET)
Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
- SQL Server, T-SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL SSIS, SSRS
Design Patterns and Practices, Unit Testing
Integration Tests Write, and execute test plans SDLC, Agile, SCRUM
- Health Insurance premium paid 75% by company (eligible 1st of month following 30 days of employment)
- Dental Insurance premium paid 75% by company (eligible 1st of month following 30 days of employment)
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match (eligible 1st of month following 30 days of employment)
- $100,000 Life Insurance paid 100% by company (eligible 1st of month following 30 days of employment); additional coverage available for purchase
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance paid 100% by company (eligible 1st of month following 30 days of employment)
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation time; two weeks per year in year one, three weeks per year after year one
- Up to five days of paid sick leave per year
- Ten paid holidays including Thanksgiving and the day after and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Energetic and professional work environment
- Beautiful new office building on the downtown Portsmouth waterfront with easy access to Route 95
- Company-paid parking access for public parking garage
- Dress Code – business casual every day
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
This job operates in a professional office environment and will require strong computer skills. This job will require occasional travel is required to meet with customers and attend industry trade shows.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, submit the following via email to hr@B2WSoftware.com.
B2W Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.