Headquartered in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire, B2W Software empowers and inspires heavy civil construction companies to win more work and complete it more profitably. The company’s ONE Platform connects resources, workflows and data and includes advanced, unified elements to manage estimating, scheduling, field tracking, equipment maintenance, data capture and business intelligence.
We are looking for motivated team members with a passion for creating software that excels at solving users business problems, the initiative to drive continuous improvement in our products, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
Job Description – Database Administrator
The Engineering department is looking for a talented Database Administrator to join our DevOps team. This position will own and promote the database development standards and practices across the Engineering department.
As Database Administrator, you will work collaboratively with product development team members to ensure we are following our standards and delivering high quality, scalable, and performant solutions.
- Establish and maintain database development standards
- Design, implement, and maintain new and existing database objects
- Create, develop, and maintain database design documentation
- Analyze queries and implement performance improvements
- Help create database maintenance best-practices
- Mentor and promote database standards and practices across all product development teams
- Work with database developers to provide database performance-tuning expertise as needed
- Work with Product Managers to ensure solutions meet the desired needs and requirements of our clients
- Contribute to accurate time estimates and development plans for upcoming work
- BA/BS degree in CS or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 3 years analyzing and optimizing T-SQL queries in the context of SQL Server 2008 (and beyond).
- OLTP design skills
- OLAP design skills is a plus
- Help establish design patterns
- Review schema designs
- Review T-SQL code
- Play the role of a dataset mentor/guide for multiple teams
- Hands-on T-SQL coding
- Ability to articulate and drive sustainable processes
- Strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team based setting
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to pitch ideas and test new approaches
- Full-time employment in the Portsmouth, NH office
- Profit sharing
- Paid vacation time
- Energetic but professional work environment
- Company offers a variety of unique benefits, including company-paid lunches and events
- Beautiful new office building on the downtown Portsmouth waterfront
- Company-paid parking access for public parking garage
How to Apply
To apply for this role, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.