Automation Lead Engineer
Headquartered in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire, B2W Software empowers and inspires heavy civil construction companies to win more work and complete it more profitably. The company’s ONE Platform connects resources, workflows and data and includes advanced, unified elements to manage estimating, scheduling, field tracking, equipment maintenance, data capture and business intelligence.
We are looking for motivated team members with a passion for creating software that excels at solving users business problems, the initiative to drive continuous improvement in our products, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
Job Description – Automation Lead Engineer
The Engineering department is looking for a talented Automation Lead Engineer to join our DevOps team. This position will own and promote the QA Automation standards and practices across the Engineering department.
As Automation Lead Engineer, you will oversee and participate in the development, execution, and maintenance of test plans and automation test scripts.
- Develop test strategies, plans, and maintain automation test data
- Develop and continuously improve automated tests as new system features and enhancements are developed
- Execute automated tests and manage the resulting defect log through the point of defect fix validation
- Ensure the appropriate test environments and infrastructures are in place and kept up to date
- Identify and report to product teams questionable functions, performance concerns, and inconsistencies
- Document and mentor QA engineers in the use of the testing framework
- Assist in the identification, selection, and implementation of tools, technologies, and practices that support the overall QA process
- Contribute to accurate time estimates for automation test development
- BA/BS degree in engineering or business
- Experience building automation frameworks for web-based software as well as on mobile platforms. Experience with Selenium is a plus
- Strong background in automation using object-oriented programming language (C# and/or Java)
- Ability to create tests in chosen framework by reviewing code commits and user stories
- Integrate automated testing into a Jenkins CI/CD framework
- Strong SQL skills and/or data validation
- Ability to articulate and drive sustainable processes
- Strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based setting
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to pitch ideas and test new approaches
- Full-time employment in the Portsmouth, NH office
- Profit sharing
- Paid vacation time
- Energetic but professional work environment
- Company offers a variety of unique benefits, including company-paid lunches and events
- Beautiful new office building on the downtown Portsmouth waterfront
- Company-paid parking access for public parking garage
How to Apply
To apply for this role, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.