Headquartered in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire, B2W Software empowers and inspires heavy civil construction companies to win more work and complete it more profitably. The company’s ONE Platform connects resources, workflows and data and includes advanced, unified elements to manage estimating, scheduling, field tracking, equipment maintenance, data capture and business intelligence.
The Product Manager serves as the champion and driver of the development of and continued enhancement of products throughout the entire life cycle of the product. The position is responsible for conducting research and analysis of customer needs, market trends, and competitor developments and then translating that analysis into requirements for the organization to act on in the development of its overall product portfolio. The position is responsible for new product planning as well as ongoing product enhancement throughout the entire lifecycle of the product. The product manager must be capable of working collaboratively with a cross functional team to support the product from development through to market introduction and ongoing and continued support.
- Research and analyze market trends, customer requirements, user experience data, technology developments and competitive trends and synthesize that analysis into an actionable product plan.
- Develops new software product concepts, designs, and/or enhancements to existing product designs that reflect market trends and address customer/user requirements.
- Support and actively participate in the Agile process by creating user stories to communicate requirements to the development team.
- Creates requirement documents, functional specifications, and mock-ups to clearly illustrate product ideas and concepts to the development and engineering organization.
- Responsible for reviewing and prioritizing all feedback from customers on product related issues such as software bugs that impede the successful performance of the product in the market and work directly with development and engineering to implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Create business plans for products and participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including analysis, design, testing, and integration with third party partners as well as the introduction of products to the market.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team implement development activities that meet and satisfy the requirements documents and ensure the products’ success in the market.
- Work collaboratively with Sales and Marketing to develop go to market strategies and collateral to help support that process.
- Participate in the planning and execution of user acceptance testing
- Must be able to effectively communicate to the B2W organization, customers, and third party partners the vision and functional capabilities of the product.
- Actively contributes to the development of knowledge base articles and other internal documentation required to facilitate client service support collateral for the product.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- College degree in a field suitable to the role and 3 to 5 years of experience in the software development industry
- Solid knowledge of relational database concepts
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working on their own and collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; capable of analyzing data and information and communicating results in a succinct and effective manner
- Capable of thinking through complex problems and developing alternative solutions for the organization to assess
- Experience in the Agile process and creation of User Story for communicating requirements to the development team
- Experience with SaaS model, especially in the Microsoft Azure ecosystem
- Working knowledge of software testing process/methodology
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of personalities both inside and outside the company
- Health Insurance premium paid 75% by company (eligible 1st of month following 30 days of employment)
- Dental Insurance premium paid 75% by company (eligible 1st of month following 30 days of employment)
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match (eligible 1st of month following 30 days of employment)
- $100,000 Life Insurance paid 100% by company (eligible 1st of month following 30 days of employment); additional coverage available for purchase
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance paid 100% by company (eligible 1st of month following 30 days of employment)
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation time; two weeks per year in year one, three weeks per year after year one
- Up to five days of paid sick leave per year
- Ten paid holidays including Thanksgiving and the day after and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Energetic and professional work environment
- Beautiful new office building on the downtown Portsmouth waterfront with easy access to Route 95
- Company-paid parking access for public parking garage
- Dress Code – business casual every day
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
This job operates in a professional office environment and will require strong computer skills. This job will require occasional travel is required to meet with customers and attend industry trade shows.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, submit the following via email to email@example.com.
B2W Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.