Headquartered on the historic Portsmouth, NH, waterfront, with sales offices in Buckhead, GA’s TechRise startup center, B2W Software empowers heavy civil construction companies to win more work and complete it more profitably.
The Company’s highly differentiated ONE Platform connects people, resources, and construction workflows through interoperable software modules for estimating, scheduling, and dispatching, field tracking, equipment maintenance, safety, and reporting. Unlike disparate solutions, the ONE Platform is unified by a single operational database and can be rapidly deployed by contractors of all sizes on premise or in the Cloud.
The Staff Accountant will support the Controller and provide detailed, up to date reports while maintaining organized records of accounting and company activities. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to collaborate well in groups, and able to proactively work in a fast-paced environment.
- Generate Customer Billings
- Process Cash Receipts
- Monitor and maintain collection process and activities
Research and resolve customer issues pertaining to A/R
- Process sales and use tax returns
- Manage and reconcile corporate credit card accounts
- Maintain accounting ledgers/reconciliations
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Assist Controller with monthly closing activities
- Prepare schedules for annual and quarterly reviews for external auditors
- Participate in various special projects
- Respond to and resolve questions, issues, or disputes in an accommodating manner
- Perform other general office duties such as answering phone, collecting and distributing mail, bank deposits, supply orders.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent from four-year college; or three to five years related experience in a professional work environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting application and theory.
- Strong demonstrated financial analysis skills
- Strong computer skills including solid experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Advanced excel skills, including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables preferred).
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Great Plains and Oracle.
- Experience with accounting systems and processes including general ledger and CRM.
- Ability to handle confidential financial and organizational information with integrity.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Service-oriented problem-solver who can effectively communicate and work with a diverse group of individuals, both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate at different levels within the organization
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, handle multiple priorities and complete tasks on schedule
- Possess the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Highly organized, efficient and detail-oriented
- Health & Dental Insurance with company contributions
- Flexible Spending Account & HSA Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life Insurance paid 100% by company: additional coverage available for purchase
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance paid 100% by company: additional coverage available for purchase
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday time
- Energetic and professional work environment
- Beautiful new office building on the downtown Portsmouth waterfront with easy access to Route 95
- Satellite sales office in Buckhead, GA with easy access to GA 400
- Company-paid parking access for public parking garage
- Dress Code – business casual every day
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
How to Apply
To apply for this position, submit the following via email to hr@B2WSoftware.com. No phone calls or recruiters please.
B2W Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, basis of genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.