Professional Services Software Engineer
Headquartered on the historic Portsmouth, NH, waterfront, with sales offices in Buckhead, GA’s TechRise startup center, B2W Software empowers heavy civil construction companies to win more work and complete it more profitably.
The Company’s highly differentiated ONE Platform connects people, resources, and construction workflows through interoperable software modules for estimating, scheduling and dispatching, field tracking, equipment maintenance, safety and reporting. Unlike disparate solutions, the ONE Platform is unified by a single operational database and can be rapidly deployed by contractors of all sizes on premise or in the Cloud.
We are seeking a highly competent individual to join us as a Software Engineer for our Professional Services Team. Your primary responsibilities will be to work with client services to fulfill customer requests for custom reports and add-ins (data exports/imports). You will also collaborate with the product teams to produce and maintain standard features. As part of this role, you will be expected to get up to speed on our product suite, which will give you more context on how to define these customer requests.
- Work on the enhancements to the Data driven reports in the .NET platform using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) and T-SQL
- Develop Add-Ins (application extensions) in Microsoft Visual Studio using C#. This includes designing and coding new Add-Ins as well as fixing bugs and enhancing existing Add-Ins
- Write, edit, and optimize moderately complex T-SQL queries to generate reports that meet user needs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Visual Studio source controls to merge the code into target branches
- Participate in an Agile (Kanban) development team to organize and prioritize tasks. This includes regular stand-ups to maintain the Code Repositories using source control, Kanban and updating the status of the Jira items (Bug Tracking Tool)
- Operating within all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements definition, functional and technical design, configuration, scripting, integration, data transformation, manipulation, and documentation
- Take part in formal requirement, design, and code reviews
- Collaborate with Client Services and the Professional Services Development Team on a daily basis
- Understand the priority of items within the Professional Services Queue
- Continued B2W product knowledge a must
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree in CS, CE, or related technical field
- Proficiency with C#, 2008 R2 and newer versions, T-SQL, Oracle, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Integration Tests Write, and execute test plans SDLC, Agile, SCRUM
- Design Patterns and Practices, Unit testing
- .NET Framework (C#, VB.NET)
- Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, ASP.NET
- Good understanding of relational database schemata and data integrity
- Object Oriented Programming
- Query performance (indexes, normalization, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of personalities both inside and outside of the company
- Highly organized with high attention to detail
- Ability to understand customer concerns, to take ownership of those concerns, and utilize the necessary resources to resolve those concerns
- We believe in full employee engagement and collaboration across departments, B2W is not a work remote company.
- Health & Dental Insurance premium paid 75% by company
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- $100,000 Life Insurance paid 100% by company: additional coverage available for purchase
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance paid 100% by company
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday time
- Energetic and professional work environment
- Beautiful new office building on the downtown Portsmouth waterfront with easy access to Route 95
- Satellite sales office in Buckhead, GA with easy access to GA 400
- Company-paid parking access for public parking garage
- Dress Code – business casual every day
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
How to Apply
To apply for this position, submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or recruiters please.
B2W Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, basis of genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.